Es inusual escribir en inglés, pero en esta ocasión he preferido hacerlo así para ampliar el público objetivo :
First of all, What do you need to start?
1 . Have USB Driver installed in your system [ I supposed you have Windows]2 . Enable USB Debbugin Options ( press 7 times in build info into Settings Menu )
3 . Need have Bootloader unlocked, if you don't, please check out this link.
Now you are ready to reborn your old Nexus Smartphone, get rooting o install custom recovery tool.
I would like to get rooting into my Nexus 4, because some security tool need have to access root to works well. And time ago I wrote this post about it "root or not?" (check out this link - in spanish only).
Before start, is interesting what you make a backup to be protected if something go wrong!
1. Need have battery more than 70%If you meet with requirements, you can start now:
2. Download Wug’s Nexus Root Toolkit v2.0.5.
1. Restart your smartphone into Bootloader, you can do this keep hold VOL Down + Power button during start the phone.
2. Run Nexus Root Toolkit, select your model type (in my case Choose OCCAM-MAKO Android 5.0.1 - Build LRX22C)
3. Plug the usb of smartphone into your windows system
4. Press Root Button with Donwload custom loader and recovery.
5. Wait to software detect your device
If all goes well, Nexus Root Toolkit will do all for you, fisrt of all install a boot with root files, then restart your smartphone to insert a root file system and install a custom recovery too. All is automatic, when all finish you must have your phone rooted.
Now, I want to reborn my Nexus 4 and I have First of All WIPE all data and formating the smartphone, erase all data include operating system. Then smartphone can't start before I install a nwe operating system. !! Becareful if you formating all data even system ¡¡
[ Restore Nexus 4 ]
You can used Nexus Root Toolkit for restore you Nexus, you have to install a official Google ROM, the process is:
Steps to Restore phone:
1. Restart smartphone with Bootloader,
You must Press Hold VOL down + Power button to obtain access.
2. Run Nexus Root Toolkit,
Select Device: Choose OCCAM-MAKO Android 5.0.1 - Build LRX22C
3. Plug the USB of smartphone into the windows system
4. Press Restore/Upgrade/Downgrade button (next image)
Software donwload automatically from Internet ROM and install into you mobile, !! It's important choose correct device ¡¡¡ and this tool is only for Google Nexus 4 (Mako).
[ Custom ROM ]
Now that you have rooted your phone and custom recovery , these two requirements, you can install custom ROM.
Install new ROM it's easy, only you can save the custom file rom downloaded into internal smartphone storage and restart into recovery mode, then you have install "zip" and reboot when all it's end.
| Direct Download: cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-mako.zip|
md5sum: 926e5115a2ec71fd3a01e1390686f5cd Short URL: http://get.cm/get/ldZ
Note: You must enabled again "USB Debbuging options" once you had installed a new ROM, even if new ROM haven't root access, you must do the "root process" again.
I recommend install AFWall+ (Android Firewall based on IPtables) so you can control the network traffic flow in your device and help you to protect you against any authorized connection.